Gelty Pleasure, Soap Bar
Happy Hanuakkah! Gelty Pleasure smells like all your favourite candies in one bar! These make awesome gifts for the special occasion - and why not gift yourself while you’re at it. Double up and use this bar on both your hair and body if you please. You'll also have the option of adding on a Sisal exfoliating soap saver. This little pouch does wonders for both exfoliating the skin and helping your bar last longer in the shower. Each batch is hand-crafted in small batches, therefore appearances may vary slightly.
How to use
Create a nice lather onto wet hands or inside a wet sisal pouch and massage onto body. Rinse off completely.
Simply wet and lather the soap into your hands, and massage into scalp. You may need to lather a few times to cover all areas of your scalp. Rinse off completely. Follow with an apple cider vinegar rinse solution (1 part ACV : 3 parts water). Follow with conditioner.
Soap-based bar VS Shampoo bar?
What's the difference between using a soap-based bar and a shampoo bar for your hair?
It all comes down to personal preference. Some swear by soap-based shampoos and others may detest it. This is why we give you both options. If you're new to using soap-based shampoo, here are some things to consider:
- If you have hard water at home, opt for a shampoo bar rather than a soap-based shampoo.
- Your hair needs at least a few washes to get used to the new product, so if you've used it for the first time and your hair feels a little funny, that just means your hair is adjusting.
- Soap-based shampoo bars may not lather the same as shampoo. The lather will be more creamy and less dramatic. The dirtier your hair is, the less it will lather, which means you may need to cleanse twice.
- It is highly recommended to use an apple cider vinegar rinse after using a soap-based shampoo on your hair to help seal the cuticles, since soap-based shampoo has a higher pH than traditional shampoo (That being said, if your hair is highly porous and processed, opt for the Hibiscus Quinoa shampoo bar instead).
- Not sure if it's for you? Give it a try! If you hate it, use it on your body. Every soap bar has conditioning ingredients that benefit both the hair and body.
Vitus vinifera (Grape) seed oil, Cocos nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Coffea Arabica (Coffee) Seed Oil, Moroccan Lava Clay, Provitamin B5, Mentha piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Aroma, Mica, Titanium Dioxide.